Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Zoo Days






Today Eli and I had the honor of having Daddy (aka Nathan) all to ourselves!!!! He has taken a couple days off so we could spend some family time together. We had a busy day. We started off with breakfast at IHOP with Mema and Carl and then a short visit at their house. Then back home for nap and much needed yard work. AND THEN we headed off to the Little Rock Zoo. Eli really seems to enjoy the zoo. Once again he was very interested in all of the animals and meowed at the large cats and would wave bye bye to each animal as we walked toward the next. When we got there I was soo excited to be doing something with all three of us present and pulled out my camera to mark the occasion. I went to take my first picture and wouldn't you know, I left my memory chip in my laptop at HOME!!! Luckily I still had the chip or card thingy that came with the camera. It only holds a handful of pictures so I had to be picky about what we took pictures of and how many. I'm just thankful that thing was in the van. I really think I would have cried if I couldn't have taken pictures of Nathan's first trip to the zoo with Eli. Or should I say Eli's first trip to the zoo with Nathan??..........either way. So, here are the few shots that I got. We got to see a baby gorilla which was soooo precious. I got a few of Nathan with Eli and then had Nathan take one of me and Eli. When I leaned down to take the shot Eli reached out and hugged my neck..... literally! It made my day! What a sweet boy we have. I am amazed by him everyday. Somedays amazed at how rotten he can be, but mostly just how amazing he is and what a gift it is to have him in our lives.

No comments: