Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!




Well, it's that time a year again where we honor our father's. I have been truly blessed to have such a wonderful man to call Dad. I am so thankful that God allowed me to have him as my father. And then I met and married Nathan and gained a father-in-law, and again I feel very blessed to be apart of the James family. Nathan's dad has played a very important role in his life, too. So our blessings doubled when we united in marriage. As most of you know it wasn't long after we were husband and wife that we started our own little family. I have already mentioned what a blessing my father has been to me and then I was blessed with a great father-in-law, well now I have yet another special father in my life, the father of my children! What a wonderful, godly man I share my life with!!!! And then to top that off I think of my Father above ALL Fathers and I am blown away. I have learned a lot about our Heavenly Father through my relationships here on earth, especially all the dads. So today I thank God for His presence in all of our lives and for the love He has shown us. I pray for continued knowledge of who He is and who He intends for us to be. I thank him for all the men that are father's in many different ways to many different people and pray for those that have an absence of an earthly father figure in their lives.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Hey girl! I'm so glad you found my blog. I hardly ever update or check on my myspace, but I keep my blogspot up-to-date! Your little boy is super cute. Seth and I are enjoying parenthood though it's quite an adjustment. We're loving every minute of it. Good to hear from you. Keep in touch.

Megan said...

Amy! My mom keeps seeing you everywhere, but I have yet to see you. I hear you're having another baby. Congratulations! Thanks for leaving a comment. I look forward to keeping up with your family through our blogs. I'm adding your blog to my links. Yes, we had fun times growing up. I remember, too.

Anonymous said...

what an awesome connection to our Father. thanks for that!