Monday, June 4, 2007

"I KNOW!"

So my poor baby has a horrible diaper rash. I mean HORRIBLE. It turns out that oranges really do a number on him the the general diaper rash area :( It started yesterday mid morning and we are working real hard at getting it all gone. So, needless to say he isn't particularly fond of getting his diaper changed and I feel so bad the whole time that I am cleaning him up. When I am changing him and he is hurting or just not wanting to sit still (which is a lot of the time even without a rash) anyway, I tend to say "I know, I know.." sympathetically over and over. Well, this morning his rash had really flared up and as I was changing him he cried "I know, I know" along with the usual "All done". It was sad because of the pain, but too stinkin cute at the same time.

6 comments:

Jerry James said...

I hardly ever make a comment, but want you to know how thankful I am for you. You are a wonderful daughter, wife, and mother. And you are right . . . Elijah is just to stinkin' cute!

McDreamy said...

oh, i hate it. poor baby.

can i give advice or are you sick of it? you can tell me. really.

if you don't want it - stop reading now!

(if so, here it goes - jonah used to bleed with his diaper rashes. just shower him when you can instead of wipes - i know that's real easy while pregnant. and there's Lantiseptic - amazing stuff that heals and protects and doesn't sting them. it's actually for adult diaper sores, and therefore you can buy a huge container for around 6 bucks at the pharmacy over the counter. best i found and i tried everything. poor baby. i used to cry along with jonah when i changed him.)

Nathan said...

I KNOW! I KNOW!

That I have a wonderful wife and son. I am so blessed.

Amy James said...

Thank you Suzanne, I am always open to hear others remedies! We actually just got some Lantiseptic after lunch yesterday. I have resorted to an early afternoon bath followed by some good ol naked time and then more naked time after each diaper change. Yesterday was the first time I ever saw blood with a rash on Eli, it sort of made me hurt, too :) Anyway, thank you!

Lozada's said...

I have heard that adult diaper cream is awesome! I know we haven't dealt with a bad rash yet, but when Reese gets one, I wash her bottom under the sink instead of wiping it and it seems to help a lot. Hope Eli gets to feeling better. I know he must be miserable!

Amy James said...

Eli's bottom is doing soooo much better. The Lantiseptic + a little naked time and couple of extra baths really have made a huge difference.