Saturday, March 22, 2008

Egg Hunt

Today our church had an Easter Egg hunt. We first met inside where they had kids opening resurrection eggs and talking about the meaning of Easter. We said a prayer and then it was off to the field to "hunt" for eggs. It's kind of funny to me, they just lay them all over the grass, no hiding involved. :) I totally understand, I mean it was for kids 2 and under, but it is still funny to me. Eli filled his basket FULL! He had a great time finding eggs and an even better time opening them to find candy. "chocolate is good, mommy" or "this is yummy" Afterwards we went to celebrate Campbell's 3rd birthday and had more yummy treats! Eli also dyed eggs for the first time and really enjoyed it. He is a very hands on kind of artist, so needless to say he has very orange hands after handling his eggs. We got home a little after lunch and all 4 of us crashed. I haven't taken a good long nap like I did earlier in a long time and boy did it feel so wonderful. I had to make myself get out of bed to fix dinner for my family and get ready for our lunch tomorrow. I think I might just go crawl back in bed right now :)




No comments: