Sunday, March 30, 2008

My little big boy


Every Sunday we have lunch with 2 other couples. It is our community group through church. Anyway, Eli always loves the attention he gets when we have guests, but today he was something else, it was so cute. So everyone gets here and we have the table all set up and he starts to tell whoever will listen where his seat will be at the table. Next we all gather in the kitchen to fix drinks and get our plates and he looks around and sees everyone has big cups, so he decides he doesn't want his sippy cup. I tell him that's okay and reach for one of his small big boy cups to which he becomes distraught and says he wants one like ours. I finally talk him out of it, cause come on, a 2 year old with a large cup.......yeah, that's what I thought.......anyway, so we all go sit down and he wants whatever we have on our plates on his plate. He is studying what everyone else is doing. He kept looking at Chris sitting next to him and talking about whatever he could think of, like "You drink wemonade?" If someone said something funny and we all laughed, he would look around and laugh with us. He noticed that a few of us reached out for a paper towel and pull it off the roll, so he reached out to do the same. ANYTHING we were doing, he was doing his best to keep up and be a part of the group. I know my writing about it isn't really describing it the way I would like it to, but it's the best I got. It was a precious moment for me, to look at my baby boy and see the wheels turning in his head. To see him make conversation and interact with the group. I've never seen him do anything like this...........Well, enough rambling. I sadly have no video or pictures to show from today, so I thought I would just put a random picture or two up. And since we are talking about my kids, I thought I would add that Lucy is crawling very well and fast AND is pulling up on everything!!!! I'm afraid she will be walking before long. She isn't even 9months yet!

5 comments:

brindy said...

That is the cutest story! I bet Eli is becoming his own little man. Good luck with that!

Jerry James said...

I am glad Eli has such good role models to look up to - and just to help out, I'll try to come visit as often as possible.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amy! I just had to show Ray the cute picture of Eli and how he looks like you in this picture. You are relating memories that Mommas store away of their babies - the sweetest memories of growing children. Mommas are so blessed. You are a wonderful Mother!
Julia H.

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Okay.....your kiddos are PRECIOUS!!!! Thanks for your encouraging words...they mean a lot to us right now!

Blessings,
Lindsey Wheeler

Susan said...

Hey! Are you coming to the 10 year high school reunion? It's July 25-26, Friday and Saturday. 3 events total. I'm kinda, somewhat helping plan. Send me your address and any other 98ers that you may have please. socrsu2@aol.com