Sunday, April 6, 2008

"I hold her"

Eli isn't crazy over babies. I have no doubt he loves his sister, but he just isn't one to be all about a baby like some kids can be. So, needless to say, he rarely asks us to hold her or anything of that nature. He will find her toys to play with and let us know when she needs her paci or bottle. He notices when she isn't around and asks for her. He is very interested in what she is doing or eating, he is always asking questions about her. So, this afternoon he decides he needs to hold her. In the past I have tried to get him to hold her and when he agrees I tell him to sit down first, which of course is usually not what he wants to do, so it doesn't work out. Well, this afternoon, he said "I sit down and hold her" and that's just what he did. He was very proud for a few seconds until she started to squirm and cry at which point he started to hold her tighter.........I then took her back...........but for a few brief moments he was being so lovey!!!!!

2 comments:

MS said...

I love it! They are so sweet Amy. And I love Lucy's look! She's not so sure she likes it.

Thanks for continuing to share. xoxoxo

Rebekah said...

That is so funny and so cute! Lucy is not real sure about him holding her!