Wednesday, April 23, 2008

9 months






I can't believe that Lucy has been with us for 9 months!! It has flown by. She is such a precious gift. Here is what she is up to these days: crawls very well, pulls up and has now mastered standing and then getting back to sitting position (she was standing and then crying cause she couldn't get back down), she eats table foods like it is her last meal ever, when we are preparing her food she does this excited dance thing in her chair and her eyes get real big and excited, she responds well to scheduled times EX: we eat between 5 and 5:30 each night and no matter when she last ate that afternoon she is soooo ready for food and lets you know it. Also, she is ready for bed at 7. One day she took a later than normal nap, woke up around 5ish or so and I thought she would fight sleep, but she goes down like clock work at 7 no matter what her naps have been like that day. She does fight her naps a little, but I believe a good part of that has been my fault for not being more consistent with when we nap. We are working on that. Her body seems to have a very good sense of time :) She is pretty tough, Eli has really been testing his limits with us in regards to her, but one day she will fight back! Watch out Eli :) Lucy is totally into putting all things in her mouth. I included one picture that shows her putting rocks in her mouth. She would get them to her lips and I would swoop in and get them out, but she does it over and over and over......etc....we have to watch her pretty close, she will put anything in there. Overall, she is healthy and happy! I am currently working on breaking her of her early morning bottle. She wakes up between 5-6 for a bottle and then goes back to sleep. I am confident that she doesn't "need" this bottle, but it is so convenient to just give it to her. So, I am trying to prepare myself to actually break her from that habit............one of these days........sooner rather than later I hope. I know it will only take a couple of days, but it takes work, ya know!!! I just don't think she will voluntarily give it up, although she has slept till 7 or so without it on a few occasions. These are the pictures Whitney L took to document her at 9 months. What a precious subject. Thanks Whit for the beautiful pictures. We enjoyed our day with you.








A fun fact about these pictures: this dress was made by my grandmother Abbott for me when I was a baby :) I know she would love seeing them on Lucy.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is unbelievably, wonderfully and perfectly CUUUUTE!!! These are great pictures!!!

Amanda said...

She is so cute!!!
I love the little rolls on her legs!!!!

Debbie Nelson said...

Amy,

Your Mom just told me about your blog...I am so happy she did. I love, love, love the pictures...it makes me want to squeeze those legs.

Lozada's said...

Amy... I really can't believe she is already 9mths. Where does the time go? We should so get together soon. Just got a fun playhouse for the kids. Come over soon!!!!!

Megan said...

I love that she's wearing your baby dress. These pictures are great. How did you get Lucy to smile and show her teeth?

Susan said...

Where are these pics taken? Is that the Arkansas River in the background? They are fabulous. You're quite the photographer!