Sunday, February 3, 2008

All on her own!


Not long ago I realized that I have been slacking a little bit with our 2nd child. How? you ask, well, with Eli I worked with him on holding his own bottle starting at a few months old and he could hold his own around 5 months. With Lucy, I just started working with her (she is going on 7 months) and as of the past few days she is doing pretty darn good. With Eli we started cereals and such around 4 months. Recently we went in to see the doctor for Lucy's 6 month check up and they asked how food was going.......oops. I came home and started making more effort to try spoon feeding. Eli really likes it when she eats at the same time as he does. O well, I know it really doesn't matter in the big picture and that she is fine. I guess it is just weird to think about how different things are with the second! And it doesn't help that Lucy is like way smaller than Eli was at her age. She just seems so much younger to me. For those of you that would like to know she now sits up very well, reacheds for toys and successfully gets to those out of reach 9 out of 10 times, jabbers a lot, doesn't really care for baby food yet, has got up on all fours and rocked, turns from tummy to back and back to tummy without a problem and is sleeping till about 4:30 without us having to put the paci back in (that is on average, not every night) and then after we put her paci in she will sleep till anywhere between 5:30 and 7!!!!!! She is a good baby girl. I guess that's all for now.




1 comment:

Jerry James said...

Not only is she a good baby girl, she's cute too, and sooo sweet.