Sunday, May 4, 2008

catch up

I've been meaning to post for the past week, but last week was busier and went by faster than a normal week. So, last weekend we had a special visitor. Gramma Gari came to see us. She got in late Friday night and Sat morning we got busy working on our patio and in the yard. We started the process of screening in our back patio back at Christmas time. As you can see in the pictures below, the kids had a great time. Sadly these are the only pictures I took. I really got into "cleaning out" our back yard. We had sooooo many little baby trees from acorns that had fallen and tons of vines and weeds. Once I got going on that I didn't pick the camera back up. Anyway, Gramma helped a little here and there, but her main help was with the kiddos. Nathan's dad, Granpa, came in, too. He has been a huge help for Nathan with this whole patio project. After a full day of working outside, we cleaned up and headed to Pine Bluff to have dinner with Taylor and Lee Ann. It was a very productive, enjoyable, good day. Sunday we ended up working on the yard and patio again and then ended the day with my first homemade lasgana. We had my mom, mema and aunt Pammie come join us. It wasn't too bad, the lasgana that is, and the company was awesome. Anyway, over all it was a fabulous weekend, Thank you Gramma Gari for coming. On several occasions Eli has requested Gramma for various things, like "I want Gramma to read me stories" or this morning he had a mini meltdown and started crying out "I want Gramma" Needless to say, he loves his Gramma. We miss you, Gari. Come back soon.


No comments: