Sunday, May 11, 2008

sweet moments

It's not unusual for Eli to be a little rough with Lucy. He is constantly pushing his limits whether it be sitting on her, pushing her down, snatching toys from her, running and stopping so close to her that it knocks her down......you get the picture. But occasionally he suprises me and shows a sweeter side towards Lucy. He has shown this side more and more recently. One night last week I was feeding Lucy and Eli had finished his dinner. He decided he wanted to see what Lucy was up to, so he climbed up in my lap and to check things out. He then asked me to let him give her her food. I let him sit in my chair and feed her. It was so sweet, yet still a little rough :) He wanted to feed her very fast. He was putting one bean after another in her mouth with no time for her to eat anything. I had to help him with his pacing, but otherwise it was so fun for me to watch this side of him with her. While sitting there he decided that he should wear the bucket on his head and that that made him a farmer. Every day is an adventure with my kids. Some days it is a grand adventure and others it feels like a disater, but over all this motherhood gig has been one adventurous moment after another. Thank you God for such an amazing gift! Please grant me guidance, grace, wisdom, humility, patience, and lots of love for years to come.





1 comment:

MS said...

Amy, your baby girl is my absolute favorite baby girl! She is so adorable! Both your babies are my favorites! Thanks so much for sharing. Love you all and miss you too!