Sunday, December 9, 2007

The new bed

I saw this bed on the IKEA website and fell in love! It is so stinkin cool. This is an early Christmas present from Eli's Gramma Gari. Thank you!! Right now it is set up as a single bed, but you can turn it upside down to make a bunkbed. When it is set up as a bunk bed the top bunk comes to my shoulders. It took Nathan about 5 hours or so to put it together and I think Eli's reaction made it more than worth it. He was saying "I wuv my bed mommy" and "Look at my wadder, I climb it" He was running in circles around the bed, on the bed, jumping, peeking out of the tent, it was so much fun watching him react with such excitement. Bedtime and nap time are still a challenge around here, but getting better. He does like his big boy bed, so that has helped. I think it might just be a power thing. He hasn't had any choice about bed or nap time until now, so he is trying out some power and independence. Eli being done with the crib has presented many challenges that we were not prepared for, but we are learning and making it through. I've heard it a million trillion times before and can now join the many that say "Being a mother is the hardest job I have ever done and will ever do" Saying that I must also say it has been the best job I have ever had and I wouldn't trade it for anything.


No comments: