Thursday, December 13, 2007

say cheese!

I was attempting to get some pictures of Lucy this morning and Eli decided it was a good time for him to take some pictures with his buzz lightyear camera. He took pictures of me taking pictures :)
Eli is definitely 2! He gets flustered easily and has breakdowns without much obvious reason. It has been quite an experience. As I may or may not have mentioned, he has had some night terror episodes in the past year, but most of them in the past month or two. I did some reading on them and came across articles that addressed terrible twos. I didn't read anything that I didn't kind of know, but I needed to be reminded as I deal with this stage. One thing it said is how at 2 years old children begin wanting to do things that they can't physically or mentally do or handle and they don't know how to handle that frustration so it often times turns into a tantrum. I have had to stop, take a few deep breaths and remind myself of what he is experiencing many times a day. It has helped. Now, don't get me wrong, we still discipline him, but what I was describing is how I keep calm and don't go crazy. It also helps me keep my expectations of him in check. There are days when I feel defeated before we get going and others where I feel very on top of things, but such is life with or without children, right? On a happier note, he is so fun. His imagination is getting bigger and better with every day. He loves to read books and play with his Buzz and Woody and his little einstein rocket. He loves to build things with blocks. He really loves to sing. For example, this morning I heard him singing and caught the verse "for da bi-ble tells me so..." We sing a lot of songs to and with him and they sing at school. Some times we can hear him singing on the monitor when he is going to sleep or nap time. It's fun to try and figure out what he is singing, although most of the time it isn't hard to figure out, he really knows the words well. He is a sponge! He will have seen something once, maybe twice and remeber it's name. Okay, so I could go on and on, but I will stop here. He is such a blessing. God has taught me many things through Eli and I look forward to learning much more in the years to come.

No comments: