Thursday, July 10, 2008

belated bday

My birthday was a couple weeks back and I started to blog about it and had no pictures! :( I was sad about that, but it was such a great day. Why post today about it? Well, my mom was out of town on my birthday, so today she treated me to a day of shopping as my present from her and before we left I made sure to take a picture. My Mema came with us. Rewind to my actual bday......I woke up to Eli telling me he had gone to get doughnuts and kolaches (I love ham & cheese kolaches from Shipley). It was about 8:45! I got to sleep in!! That was nice. Then while we were having breakfast my beautiful, thoughtful husband brought me a bday card. In it was instructions to be ready by 10am. He had arranged for me to spend the day with one of my best friends, Whitney, and gave me some spending money. We went shopping and to a movie. What a treat for him to take off so I could have a day off. We came back to my house around dinner time and Nathan had prepared a yummy dinner and had invited Whit, Peter and their boys to join us. While I was out shopping, and what not, the kids that I keep on Wed had delivered flowers to my house. Since I wasn't there to see them Nathan got the video camera out and got them on tape singing with the flowers. After dinner we had a yummy cheesecake, courtesy of Bekah and she also sent a funny card. He had also packed up toys and put them in the attic for me. That is something I had been meaning to do for some time now. It was a great day. So, there it is on record: How I spent my 28th birthday. I should also mention that I got several sweet cards, phone calls and gifts. Thank you to everybody for being so thoughtful. I felt very loved.
Since we were all there and taking a picture we decided to get a 4 generation one, too.

2 comments:

Erica said...

That is a great birthday! Happy Birthday, Amy!

Debbie Nelson said...

What a great picture...you and your Mom look like sisters. How does she do it? Happy belated birthday to you.