Tuesday, July 1, 2008

sweetness and sleep

I went to my room to get ready for the pool and as I was walking toward the playroom I heard the tv. Eli had not only turned it on, but he found the movie he wanted and put it in the vcr the right way. I decided I would let him watch for a minute before we left for the pool, but I wanted him to know it wasn't okay to just turn on the tv or a movie without permission, so I paused the movie and said "From now on you need to ask before you turn on the tv, okay." My intention was to then press play and let him watch. He turned the tv off and looked at me real sweet and said "I watch tv, paweese" in such a sweet little voice.......I just want to pause those moments. They are such small things, but mean so much to a mommy. I should also add it was good timing cause yesterday he was quite the whiney little boy! I believe it has to do with his sleep. I don't know about you all out there in internet land, but I have found that if we get behind on our bedtime it shows! I'm not a rigid scheduler and probly wouldn't have figured this out had Eli not started having night terrors, but really his sleep makes a hugh difference. We were leaving his room at night by 7pm and things were going great, but for the last 3 weeks or so it was turning into 7:30 or 7:45. It doesn't sound like it would make that big of a difference, but it does! He is whineyer (sp?) and irritable. So because we have become aware of this with Eli I started watching for differences in Lucy depending on sleep. Because we have a 2 1/2 yr old, Lucy doesn't have much of a set nap schedule and usually does okay, but yesterday she was so tired that she couldn't go to sleep! She maybe had a 15min nap all day. So we put her to bed at 6:20, she slept till 7:20 and then went down for a morning nap around 9:20!! I usually don't put her down for a nap before the pool, but after yesterday I didn't want to push her again. Momma needs those 2 hours to herself when they both nap!!! Ya know!?! Anyway, not sure why I ended up sharing all that, but it's typed, so there ya go.........

No comments: