Tuesday, July 8, 2008

this morning

This morning came about 4 to 5 hours too early for me. Eli started calling out "MOOOMMMMYYYY!" around 6:30ish. I had gone to bed way too late, so even though it wasn't much earlier than usual, it was because I hadn't slept long enough. So, I get up and lucky for me Eli is in a great mood and is putting up with his very slugish mommy. Then Lucy gets up and I give her some food and sit down to check my email (my computer is in the kitchen) Lucy starts to belly laugh, so I turn around to see what's going on and Eli has pulled a chair up in front of hers and is being silly to make her laugh. It was such a beautiful moment. He has really started to interact really well with Lucy. He still has many moments that he pushes, hits, trips, bumps, snatches, etc., BUT he is adding more moments like this a little at a time. I pray that they will be good buddies and play well together as Lucy gets bigger.

1 comment:

MS said...

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Seriously, Lucy is the cutest girl. Please keep Henry on the short list of guys she can marry. And Eli is so inspiring. I look forward to Henry being so smart someday. Love you guys!