Friday, June 27, 2008

...but thank you

There have been several times in the past week or so that Nathan or I will ask Eli if he wants something or would like to do something, etc, and he will say "No, but thank you" It is precious! I think he has caught on to the fact that we think it is so cute and he now will smile as he says it.


Yesterday morning I sat Eli on the potty in hopes that it might finally be the first time he "goes" in the potty. I went in the kitchen to do something and he was talking to me the whole time, but then he started to cry. I figured he was frustrated with me for not being right there with him. I went to see why he was crying. He saw Nathan's razor on the counter and decided to try to shave. It was cute and scary and a little sad all at the same time. Needless to say he got his first nic on his chin. I tried to get a picture several times, but he was crying and wanted lovin, so it didn't work out. Daddy finally figured out something that helped him calm down. If you look closely to his top lip you will see the chocolate mustache he got from the spoon full of chocolate syrup he ate. It was the best medicine he had ever had :) After his medicine he was more than happy to show me his boo boo. He has talked about all of this several times yesterday and today recapping it from beginning to end.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Ha! What a cutie. The first of many shaving boo boos to come in the future (hopefully several years from now though)!