Monday, June 2, 2008

laying out

Okay, so we met our friend Jess at the pool this morning. She had somewhere to be right after lunch time, so while we ate lunch, she laid on a lounge chair to dry off in the sun. Eli asked me what she was doing to which I said, "laying in the sun to dry off" and then he didn't mention anything else. She left and we played in the water a bit more. When it was time to start drying off and putting dry clothes on Eli insisted that he have a towel laid on a lounge chair so he could lay in the sun and dry off. And he did, he laid real still for a few minutes (which is good for his age) and then he would freak out because his towel would start to fall or move out of place. It was pretty cute to see him mimic her. I wish I would have had my camera.........

Since I'm talking about Eli already I thought I would throw in another story. Lately we have been eating popsicles everyday. Ya know, those that are in the long plastic sleeve like thing and you push them up. Anyway, Eli is always looking to eat as many of them that you will allow and as often as you will allow. He will wake up and say he is hungry and I'll say we need to eat breakfast and he will reply "No breakfast. I need a popsicle." Or I'll say let's go to the pool and without missing a beat he'll say "And eat a popsicle?" And when we are about to have one I might say something like we can have one and he will say "And then another one?" It's humerous cause he isn't throwing fits or whining, he just sneaks it in anytime he can to see if you might let him have more.

No comments: