Friday, June 6, 2008

My mini garden

I got an itch to try growing some veggies and herbs this year. I decided to take baby steps and only planted a handful. I am sooo excited about all of it, but especially my squash plant! It has blooms on it which means that the squash is coming soon! (I think, i'm new at this) So, I thought I would share what I have growing:
I took this picture from inside the patio, so the screen has made it a little fuzzy, but here are my squash flowers

I planted 2 basil plants and then for fun I sprinkled some basil seeds, not really believing they would grow, but they are and so we have much basil. Anyone need some? I can only make so much pesto. Does anyone have any good recipes that call for fresh basil? If so, share please.


Cherry tomatoes.....hopefully. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will come


red bell pepper, not thriving like the squash, but still growing strong

*I also have cilantro and oregno and a plant that is called Chicken Gizard, what a horrible name!*

2 comments:

Susan said...

My Mom has a herb garden. She makes fresh pesto from teh basil. It is sooooooooo good. When do you find the time, girl?!

Jordan said...

Amy, I'm impressed! I need to figure out what grows in KC and get some tips from the expert garderner :)