Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

Yesterday was quite a day! We didn't slow down long enough for me to post, but it's better late than never, right. We started the day off by surprising Nathan with a fancy Belgian waffle maker. He has been commenting on how he would really enjoy a nice fluffy big waffle every time we made waffles in our small, not fluffy, little waffle maker. He actually got an update to his closet about a week and a half ago. Eli and I went and got him shirts, shorts and pants. I kept telling Eli that is was a surprise and we couldn't tell daddy and he was all, Yea, surprise. Well, if you have read Nathan's post previous to this one you know that Eli ran in and couldn't wait to share with Nathan about his surprise. It was all he could do to race in, find his daddy and tell him about it. He was so proud to give the clothes to his daddy. I figured, why wait, Eli already told him what we got and Nathan could be wearing them. (really, I'm no good at waiting to give presents, I love to give them at the first chance possible) So, fast forward from then to yesterday, we made the huge fluffy waffles. They were sooo filling, I couldn't even finish a half of one. Then we went to church, came home and had lunch with our community group and put Eli down for a nap. I then started preparing for dinner. We had Nathan's Dad, Grandmother and youngest brother over for dinner. It was nice to see all of them. We hardly get to see Elliott, so that was a nice treat. We don't get to see Great Gran very often either, so Eli was loving all the attention from them. It was quite a treat. After the dishes were cleaned up I sat down to read and passed out! I couldn't believe how tired I was. Anyway, it was a great day. Somehow, I never got the camera out. I'm kicking myself about it today, but I posted some below from the last two months.

Happy Father's day to the best Daddy on the planet!! Thank you for all the stories read, popsicles shared, trips flying through the house, diapers changed, many hours of hard work at your job *especially this past week*, for foot rubs and date nights, for encouraging words and hugs and kisses. I couldn't have ever dreamed up a better man to raise children with, you are a blessing beyond my wildest dreams.
Also, Happy Father's day, belated, to Granpa aka Papa and Big Daddy. You are two very important men in our kids lives and in ours. Thank you for playing such an active roles in all of our lives. We love you sooooo much!!!!




No comments: